Salt Lake City / Taylorsville Utah's
Redwood Veterinary Hospital
Holly berries and leaves in snow

Holly is a Toxic Substance for Dogs

Dog Poisons

Leaf ingestion may result in mild stomach upset while ingestion of the berries may result in more severe stomach upset. Clinical signs include increased salivation, vomiting, lack of eating, diarrhea, head shaking, and smacking of lips. Most animals do well at home with minor medical care (inducing vomiting and withholding food). Please call a veterinarian for proper directions and at-home-care.

Salt Lake City Veterinarians
Taylorsville Animal Hospital since 1982
Redwood Veterinary Hospital Logo